New Digz accepts new and gently used women’s clothing, shoes, jewelry, handbags in excellent condition. In order to earn and maintain an impeccable reputation, we must adhere to high standards for our inventory, so cleanliness and quality is mandatory. Only accepting the best, not only ensures the success of selling consigned pieces at the set full price, but also ensures that our customers will only purchase quality merchandise at affordable prices. We take our commitment to excellence very seriously so that our customers will always have a quality selection of clean, modern and timeless inventory.
We accept items throughout the day, Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM; and Saturday by appointment only. To consign, you must first read and sign the Consignment Agreement. Thereafter, choose one of our four (4) convenient options below:
- In-Home pick up - is the perfect convenience option for our clients that need that personal touch and just doesn’t have the time to physically come into the store. One of our New Digz stylists team members will come directly to you and help select items right there on the spot that have a fit for our store. So if you have a minimum of 10 high end pieces (such as Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Diane Von Furstenberg, Christian Louboutin, Tory Burch, etc.) and do not have the time to come physically to our shop, this pickup option is for you. Please note this option is only offered at this time to our clients that live in the DC, MD, VA, and Baltimore areas. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit.
- Online Services - is another service we offer that is perfect for our clients that can’t physically visit our store. Simply add our Digz bag to the shopping cart. We will send you a pre-paid and pre-addressed bag with shipping label. Upon receipt, fill it with your high end merchandise and return back to us for free. Once in the store, we will take a look at your items and select the ones that have a fit for our store. If we do not accept your items, we will donate them to one of the charities of our chose. We understand that you may prefer not to have your items donated, so please contact the store prior to sending items that are in questioned.
- Drop Off - If you are in a hurry and do not have time to wait while we sort through your items, then this option is for you. We offer this convenient options for our existing clients. When dropping off items, please note that it may take us an average of 72 hours to process your items. In addition, all items dropped off and not accepted during our sorting process, will be donated to a charity of our choice. We will provide you with a donation form upon request for any items donated. Please read and sign our Inventory Drop Off Form.
- Appointment - if our weekday hours don't fit into your schedule, then this option is for you. Please call our Upper Marlboro location at (301) 574-8113 or our Crofton location at (443) 292-8626 to schedule your appointment.
All new consignors must sign a Consignment Agreement prior to consigning. Please ensure all items are:
- Freshly cleaned and/or pressed.
- On hangers or in shopping bags (Please no plastic bags).
- No more than 2 years old; however some items may be selected over 2 years at owner’s discretion.
- In excellent condition. We will not accept any items with broken pieces (such as missing buttons or zippers), stains/marks or that may have become discolored due to wear.
- Mid to luxury brands. We do not accept most women's suits, so please call to verify at our Upper Marlboro location (301) 574-8113 or at our Crofton location at (443) 292-8626 .
- Season appropriate. Based on schedule below:
- Fall: August - October
- Winter: November - January
- Spring: February - April
- Summer: May - July
Our Pricing Strategy
We follow industry standard when setting prices. Typically pricing will be set at 1/3 of the retail value. Items will range from 50% - 70% of the original retail value dependent on the condition and style of the item. Thereafter, a 60 (store)/40 (consignor) split will occur on the profit of the items sold.
You will get paid via cash, check or store credit after your item(s) has been sold. If you select our cash or check option, please contact the store within one week after your consignment period ends.
The consignment period ends 60 days from the date we receive the items. It is the customer’s responsibility to keep track of their consignment expiration date(s). As a consignor, you receive complimentary access to your Consignment account. This access allows you to easily check your account and to review details of your account, including consignment periods and account balances. After the 60-day consignment period, you must pick up any unsold items within 24 hour. Otherwise, the items become the property of New Digz Consignment, LLC.
At New Digz, we are keenly aware of the delicate balance between getting the most for our consignors by selling your items at full price, and maintaining the highest value for our customers. We will consistently strive to maintain that balance; however, if after 30 days, your items remain unsold, we will markdown the items by 50%. Please note: Management also reserves the right to hold special sales.